Landelijk Orgaan der Econometrische Studieverenigingen, abbreviated as LOES, in statutory terms located in Utrecht, will organise the event ‘National Econometricians Sport Tournament’ (in Dutch: Landelijk Econometristen Sporttoernooi), abbreviated LEST 2018, with the following conditions:
- The LEST 2018 will take place on Wednesday the 26th of September 2018.
- LOES has the right to cancel the event at any time due to any circumstances beyond its control and without any possible compensation for the participants or anyone else.
- LOES cannot be held responsible for any damages and injuries that occur during the event.
- In order to be considered for participation, the subscription form, which can be found on https://lest.nl, should be completely filled in. The subscription deadline is Monday the 17th of September at 23:59 hrs.
- A maximum of 12 teams of 7-9 people will be selected to participate in the competitive soccer tournament, a maximum of 12 teams of 7-9 people will be selected to participate in the recreational soccer tournament and a maximum of 18 teams of 5 people will be selected to participate in the sport and games tournament.
- Participation at the LEST 2018 is only possible for students who are a member of any of the following associations: Asset|Econometrics, FAECTOR, Kraket, SCOPE|Vectum, VESTING or VSAE.
- Students who are on the blacklist are excluded from participation at the LEST 2018.
- Selection for the LEST 2018 will be based on the time of your subscription.
- Students who subscribe after the maximum number of teams per association for the specific sub tournament is reached will be placed on a waiting list.
- It is not possible to subscribe for multiple sub tournaments.
- Students who have a secured place at the LEST 2018, will receive an information e-mail on Monday the 24th of September 2018 at the latest.
- Students who are on the waiting list will be notified about this Wednesday the 19th of September 2018 at the latest.
- Selection for the sleepover after the LEST 2018 will be based on the time of your subscription.
- Students who subscribe after the maximum number of sleepovers is reached will be placed on a waiting list.
- Students who have a secured sleepover place after the LEST 2018, will receive an information e-mail on Monday the 24th of September 2018 at the latest.
- Students who are on the waiting list for the sleepover will be notified about this Wednesday the 19th of September 2018 at the latest.
- There is no opportunity to discuss and criticise the selection procedure.
- If an article is explicable in different ways, the explanation of the LEST committee will stand as the correct one.
- By applying for the LEST 2018, participants accept the terms and conditions.
- The participant commits himself/herself to pay the participation fee of €10,-, say ten euros.
- When the participant signed up for the sleepover, the participant commits himself/herself to pay the sleepover fee of €10,-, say ten euros.
- The participation fee only needs to be paid if the student is selected for participation.
- Payment for the participation and sleepover fee will proceed via the website.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, the participant agrees to an one-off authorization to let the study association collect possible fines. These are explained in article 25, 26 and 27.
- Cancellation of participation at the LEST 2018 without any valid reason after Sunday the 16th of September 2018 but before Wednesday the 21st of September 2017 23:59 hrs will mean that your participation and (optional) sleepover fee will not be refunded.
- Cancellation of participation at the LEST 2018 without any valid reason after Wednesday the 21st of September 2017 23:59 hrs will result in a fine of €10,-, say ten euros per team member for the day and a fine of €10,-, say ten euros for the sleepover.
- Participants that cancel the participation at the LEST 2018 without any valid reason at the day itself or not show up will result in the same fine as in article 26 and will be put on the blacklist.
- Inappropriate behaviour gives the organisation the power to exclude the student from further participation and to place the student on the blacklist.
- If a participant is responsible for any damage at LEST 2018, the costs will be charged to the person who inflicted the damage.
Obligations students on the waiting list
- Teams that are put on the waiting list will be contacted as soon as a spot is available.
- Teams that have paid and are put on the waiting list will be refunded if eventually the team is not able to participate due to capacity constraints.
- Students who are placed on the blacklist, will be excluded from participation of any events which are organised by the LOES for the next five years.
- There is no opportunity to discuss the blacklist.
- The blacklist is only available for the boards of the study associations who belong to the LOES and the committee of the LEST and will thus not be published.
Obligations of the organisation
- The organisation will compensate part of the travelling costs for the LEST 2018. The maximum amount of compensation the organization provides is the cheapest possible route from the train station of your study association’s city to the location where the sport event is held. The forty percent discount that every student is able to get, is taken into account. The exact maximum compensation are stated below.
Asset|Econometrics: € 26,42
FAECTOR: € 21,14
Kraket: € 3,58
SCOPE|Vectum: € 33,22
VESTING: € 32,24
VSAE: € 3,58
- This compensation will only be given to the students who hand in their travel declaration before the 10th of October 2018 at the treasurer of their study association. If the LEST Committee arranges other transport for the students of a certain city, no compensation can be declared and the amounts above will not be valid.
- By subscribing, the subscriber agrees that his/her personal information from the subscription form will be stored and held until a maximum of four weeks after the event date.
- The given e-mail address and mobile phone number will only be used for informative purposes concerning the LEST 2018. This also concerns relevant information from certain carefully checked sponsors. The details will not be given to third parties.
- LOES cannot be held responsible for any consequences following from wrong information details given by the participant.